Monday, July 16, 2012

Billboard Charts

Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen's song, Call Me Maybe, has been on the top charts for 20 weeks now, hitting the number 1 spot for the summer. So what is it about this cute, pop, catchy ballad that has everyone singing it? It's a combination of the strings and synth-sounds, the catchy lyrics and the pop rhythms that make it irresistible. Carly says that she and a friend wanted to make a song similar to Walking on Broken Glass from decades ago that just gets everyone up and dancing while at the beach or on vacation. 


What song does this for you? For me, I enjoy many genres of music--pop, rock, R&B, soul, country. Music speaks to the soul and the emotions, so depending what mood I'm in is what style I listen to. For anyone who really knows me, if you want to see me move, just put an MJ song on.....I'm done for.


Seriously, music has a power all it's own. It's touches us deeply in the core of our being--that place where we meet God. Music, like the Psalms which were written to be sung, touch on the gamut of emotions. It helps us cope with the challenges of life. Music touches us in the place where no one but God can reach us. What song has touched you at your depths and left a resounding chord?

1 comment:

Sister Rose Pacatte, FSP said...

Congratulations on your blog!! it's crazy!